Deez nuts. Deez spiced candied nuts are soooooo good. These little babies are going to find their way into some oatmeal, on top of some french toast, mixed in with an arugula salad, maybe even with some ooey-gooey brie cheese on a toasty garlic rubbed crostini. Sheesh, I’m making myself hungry. I think spiced candied pecans SCREAM the holidays. These will be great for parties, in dishes, or even as a gift. Perfect pretty pecans, wow I love alliteration.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 2 bags (24 ounces total) pecan halves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Put the pecans in a large mixing bowl. Add in the spices, sugars, egg whites, and vanilla. Mix well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then evenly spread out the pecans so they are in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt then bake for 15-20 minutes. Give them a stir then continue to bake, checking and mixing every 10 minutes until caramelized and no longer wet. It should take about 30-40 minutes total. Remove and taste to see if they need more salt then let them cool. Once cooled, break them apart and serve or store in an airtight container.