I am officially in full spring-mode. This dish is the perfect recipe to satisfy all of your spring-food dreams. The pasta is light, yet still decadent. Piping hot noodles cook the egg yolks and melt the Parmesan cheese so it can coat each noodle in yummy goodness. With every bite, you get a taste of the crispy pork belly and a hint of lemon. The best part about this recipe? It’s beyond easy to make, yes I am talking to you, people that say you burn water. You can make this, I promise. It is the bomb diggity. Make this for your friends or eat it all yourself, no judgment here.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 1/2 pound pork belly; diced
- 3 large cloves garlic; minced
- 1 pound noodles; dry
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest; grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley; finely chopped
- Whisk together the egg yolks, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan then set aside.
- Cook the pork belly over medium low heat until it begins to brown. Meanwhile, add the noodles into boiling salted water. When the pork belly is fully golden brown, add in the garlic and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and softened, about 3 minutes.
- After about 8 minutes, the noodles should be perfectly cooked. Remove them from the water and put them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the pork belly and garlic, half of the parsley, and egg yolk mixture. Give it a toss then add in the remaining Parmesan cheese. Continue to toss until all of the noodles are coated. If you notice it needs to be thinned a little, add in some of the hot salted pasta water. Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Serve immediately with fresh parsley on top,