SHRIMP BURGERS OMG?! They are SO good. Out of this world flavorful and juicy. I did not add too much to the patties themselves because I really wanted to shrimp flavor to shine. Okay now let’s talk about these fries. These fries? WOw. When I am rich and famous and open a food truck these will be the first thing on the menu. The batter is so light they are nice and crisp. The seasoning is the perfect balance between salt, sweet, and heat. Honestly this seasoning would taste good on anything; eggs, popcorn, chicken, pork, your boyfriend, really the options are endless.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 3 buns (preferably something buttery and soft like brioche)
- About 1 pound shrimp; peeled and deveined
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 sweet potatoes; cut into sticks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Frying oil
- Put half of the shrimp in a food processor and put the other half in a separate bowl. Add in the onion, garlic, cilantro, panko, and salt into the food processor. Pulse until it becomes paste-like (see photo above). Mix the whole shrimp with the food processed shrimp. Create three patties, equally distributing the whole shrimp in each patty. Refrigerate the patties for at least 20 minutes before cooking so they can set up.
- Thoroughly combine the sauce ingredients they refrigerate until serving.
- Mix together the cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, dried parsley flakes, chili powder, and brown sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and water then add in the sweet potatoes. Add in a sprinkle of salt and about a teaspoon of the fry seasoning. Mix well. Fill a medium sized pot about half way up with oil and heat to 350 degrees. Fry the the sweet potatoes in batches, about 4-5 or until golden and crisp. Immediately sprinkle with the fry seasoning then repeat until all of the potatoes have been cooked. Serve immediately.
- Cook the shrimp patties over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve on a bun with lettuce and creamy curry ketchup.