Moist. Oh, SO, moist. These muffins are the bomb.com. They have a perfect crunchy sugary top and are soft and magical on the inside. Fully loaded with super fresh sweet blueberries, these are the bestest ever. I will definitely be using this muffin recipe as a base for lots of muffin yummy goodness to come. So go ahead, make these muffins so you can experience muffin enlightenment.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 stick salted butter; melted
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries (you can really use as many or as few as you like)
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- Powdered sugar
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix. Toss the blueberries with the lemon zest then gently fold into the batter. Fill a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray then divide up the batter (should make 12 muffins).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and just browned on top.
- Whisk the lemon juice with powdered sugar. If you want the glaze to be thick, add more powdered sugar, if you want it thin, add less.
- Remove the muffins from the microwave and immediately top with some of the glaze, use as much or as little as you’d like depending on how much lemon flavor you want it to have. Let them cool in the pan about 20 minutes before serving.