Reduced guilt does not have to mean reduced flavor. This is the perfect mash up between zesty buffalo chicken dip and creamy mac and cheese. Even if you don’t like Greek yogurt, don’t be afraid, you can’t even taste it. Alternatively, you can make these separate: for the buffalo chicken dip use cream cheese, garlic powder, buffalo sauce, chicken, Greek yogurt, and cheddar cheese; for Greek yogurt mac and cheese add Greek yogurt to cooked noodles then stir in cheddar cheese until melted, use pasta water to thin it out if it is too thick. BOOM.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 1 pound noodles (I used cavatappi)
- 1 brick reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 chicken breasts; shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese and green onion for garnish; optional
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. When you drain them, reserve some of the pasta water.
- In a large pot, add the cream cheese and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat until the cream cheese melts. Add in the chicken and buffalo sauce and stir until combined then add in Greek yogurt. Once the sauce is hot and bubbling, add the noodles in. If it does not seem saucy enough, add in some of the reserved pasta water. Finally, add in the cheese and stir until it is melted. Serve immediately . Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and green onion.