These little babies are a dream. I am not much of a sweets person, but I could eat all of these, no shame. They are super thick and fudgey, sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet. Caution: do not consume until you have a glass of ice cold milk. Consuming brownies without milk will result in delicious fudginess sticking to the roof of your mouth.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 4 eggs; beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coco powder
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate chips, coconut oil, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Create a double boiler by bringing a small amount of water to a boil and then placing the mixing bowl over it, slowly melting the chocolate (seen in pictures above).
- Once everything is melted and combined remove the bowl from the pot and allow it to cool. Once cool add in the remaining ingredients, except for the powdered sugar. Mix until just combined. Pour the batter into a 9×13 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through. Allow it to slightly cool before slicing. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.