This recipe makes 3 meal prep meals. It is easily stored in the refrigerator and reheats well. I get my containers on amazon, they are dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- About 1 1/2 pounds Atlantic salmon; skinless, cut into 3 filets
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 potatoes; cleaned and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half or milk (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Season both sides of the salmon with salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how you like it cooked (remember it will cook more when you reheat it).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the Brussels sprouts, vinegar, honey and salt to a baking sheet and toss around to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with water then bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes. In the pot, add in the garlic and chicken broth. Cook until the garlic has softened then add the potatoes back. Add in the cream cheese and half and half if using. Season with salt and pepper then mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Portion a third of the potatoes and Brussels sprouts into each container and add a filet to each container as well. Eat within 3-4 days.