Decadent; the only word that appropriately describes a piping hot bowl of fettuccine alfredo. The sauce is creamy dreamy and perfectly coats the chewy, al dente noodles. Don’t expect to have leftovers when you make this. Warning: a pillow and warm blanket will be needed after indulging in this naughty bowl of deliciousness.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 clove garlic; finely minced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Flat leaf Italian parsley; chopped for garnish
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles; cooked to package instructions (easily make your own with this recipe)
- In a saucepan, add the garlic and butter and melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter has completely melted, add in the cream and bring to a boil. Whisk until the cream mixture begins to thicken slightly then add in the parmesan while continuing to whisk.
- Once the cheese has combined into the cream and thickened, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.