These little cream filled sandwiches of heaven don’t even come close to comparing to the Little Debbie’s you grew up on. The creamy, buttery filling oozes out onto your fingers when you take a bite, leaving little bits of cream for you to eat later. It truly is the cookie that keeps on giving. Leave these on your ex’s door step and watch them come crawling back to you.
Photography by Sophie Marie Creative
- 1 stick salted butter; softened
- 3 ounces (about 2 tablespoons) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (half a container) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the cream ingredients until thick and fluffy.
- Put the cream into a piping bag or a plastic bag and snip the end with some scissors. Pipe the filling onto the bottom of a cookie then top with the bottom of another cookie. Repeat until all of the cookies have been filled.
Makes 8 oatmeal cream pies