Serves about 24
- 2 blocks of 1/3 less fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese
- 1 block of regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped and drained capers
- 8 oz smoked Atlantic salmon (your favorite lox will do; I used nova lox) roughly chopped into small pieces
- Black pepper
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and allow it to soften for about an hour or so.
- In a mixer, mix the cream cheese until it is light and spreadable.
- Add in the capers and mix again. Then add in the dill, chives, and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, add in the salmon and mix until everything is well combined. Taste before you add salt because the salmon and capers are already fairly salty.
- Refrigerate the cream cheese spread until ready to serve. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving.
Approximately 97 calories for two heaping tablespoons of the spread