- 1 1/2 lbs of 70% lean ground pork
- 1 1/2 lbs of 70% lean ground beef
- Heaping 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cups fresh grated parmesan
- 1 onion (grated or finely chopped)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (grated or finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine meats in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, parmesan, onion, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, soak panko crumbs in milk for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the break crumbs have softened, add to the meat mixture.
- Mix ingredients until completely combined, careful not to over mix (I suggest cooking a little piece of your meat before you form your meatballs to ensure your seasonings are where you want them).
- Form meatballs and place on a wire rack (if you don’t have one no worries just place them straight on a baking sheet).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees and transfer meatballs to an oven safe pot along with desired marinara sauce.
- Bake for about an hour depending on the size of your meatballs. Enjoy!
Approximately 220 calories per meatball in a batch of 22 meatballs
**To make lower calorie meatballs, choose a leaner meat. Remember, due to the lower fat content the meatballs may not be quite as juicy, but they will still be delicious 🙂
**If you do not have an oven safe pot you can make this in a crock pot. I recommend baking them first then throwing them in the crock pot on low for 1-3 hours, again, depending on the size of your meatballs.